Thursday, February 26, 2015

Food for Thought!

Make Use of Your On-Their-Way-to-Expired Groceries.

I woke up today and my skin is feeling just SOOO dehydrated and dry.  I drink plenty of water and use a humidifier in the bedroom but no matter what I always need some extra TLC in the cold months of winter.  So I decided while cleaning up around the house on this snow day, I would put a hydrating mask on my skin.

While getting a mask ready it dawned on me ...The greek yogurt that I used to cook dinner with last night was going to expire today and I was going to throw it away.  But why not kill 2 birds with one stone??? A healthy dinner and healthy skin!

Yogurt has lots of good for you ingredients.  Zinc which is an anti-inflammatory, (great for acne or blemishes), lactic acid, (which is its key ingredient)  helps exfoliate, soothe, moisturize, and help combate wrinkles.  Vitamin B12, B5 , and calcium.  The B vitamins help with cell growth to hydrate and give skin a nice glowing complexion and calcium has anti-oxidant power to aid in healing skin.


So remember, next time you are getting ready to throw away yogurt that is expired use it for your face! If you also have bananas that are starting to brown that you don't want to eat, mash them up and mix with a teaspoon of honey to bind the mask together .  It will be easier to spread on your face.  Now that's what I call a win-win. Super easy and skincare on a budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment